Meet Jack Parsons
Keen to give young entrepreneurs like himself the best start in business, Jack founded Big Youth Group to help young people learn about business, access mentors, and get help to grow. The organisation includes an academy and an accelerator for businesses set up by 18-30 year olds.
1. Why did you start Big Youth Group and what were you doing before?
I started it because I had a burning desire to improve the odds for young people. Growing up I wasn’t the best at school and you know how much school is geared towards the university path, I felt lost. Going straight into work gave me a wider perspective on the problems that young people face and I want to make sure that everyone has the opportunity to find a miracle in any situation.
2. What were the biggest sources of inspiration and support when you were starting out?
My Dad has always been my rock, whenever I’ve been down he’s been there to pick me up again. I’ve had some high highs and low lows in my life and I can always rely on him to support me 100% in whatever I do. Top man.
3. What’s the biggest lesson you’ve learned since starting the business?
4. What has been your proudest moment/biggest achievement so far?
5. What advice would you give to anyone starting out?
6. What piece of investment did you make in the business that was worth every penny?
7. Which element of marketing has made the most impact on your business?
Personal Branding. I believe in the phrase that people buy from people, so I wanted to promote a personal brand that people can easily relate to as trying to relate to a brand is always harder than trying to relate to a person. If my brand grows, the business brand grows too.